CONSTRUCTION (DESIGN & MANAGEMENT) REGULATIONS 2015
What Are the Construction (Design & Management) Regulations 2015?
The constrcution (design & management) regulations 2015 ('CDM2015') are the main set of regulations governing construction in the UK. These apply to all construction projects large or small.
As a client, as defined by the legislation, you have certain duties to fulfill under these regulations.
What will Easton Bevins do?
Easton Bevins can ensure you meet your duties as a client as well as providing "Principal Designer" services. We are also able to provide bespoke advice to contractors acting as 'Principal Contractor'.
Our services may include the following:
- Advising the on health and safety issues during the design and planning phases of construction work so they can undertake their duties under the Regulations.
- Notifying the HSE about the project prior to commencement on site.
- Co-ordinating design work, planning and other preparation for construction where relevant to health and safety.
- Identifying and collecting the pre-construction information and advising the client if surveys need to be commissioned to fill significant gaps.
- Promptly providing in a convenient form to those involved with the design of the structure; and to every contractor (including the principal contractor) who may be or has been appointed by the client, such parts of the pre-construction information which are relevant to each.
- Manage the flow of health and safety information between clients, designers and contractors.
- Advise the client on the suitability of the initial construction phase plan and the arrangements made to ensure that welfare facilities are on site from the start.
- Ensuring that a relevant user friendly Health and Safety File is produced suitable for future use at the end of the construction phase.
What are the benefits of CDM2015?
Compliance with CDM2015 is mandatory for all clients undertaking construction works in the UK.
Not only that but planning, managing and undertaking a project safely, effectively and coherantly is in everyone's best ineterests.