Conservation area consent

If your property is in a Conservation Area, you will need to apply for consent for works which would not be needed in other areas. For instance, Conservation Areas impose limitations on Permitted Development and enable the local authority to control more closely the construction and demolition of structures the volume of extensions and the alteration of the external appearance of buildings. This can also include works to trees, which are subject to the same protection as if covered by a Tree Preservation Order (TPO) and therefore approval is required prior to maintenance or removal. Taking the appropriate advice at an early stage is always advisable and all of our Surveyors are able to assist. We are also able to provide advice in respect of other areas that are covered by specific controls, for example: 

  • AONBs (Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty) 
  • SSIs (Site of Specific Scientific Interest)
  • Sites covered by Article 4 directions (removal of specific Permitted Development rights)

Listed Building Consent

Interested To Find Out More?

Use any of the below contact details to speak with a member of our team in your local area.

  • Bristol - 0117 942 7876
  • Bradley Stoke - 0117 942 7876
  • Cheltenham - 01242 573 908
  • Newbury - 01635 813 318
  • Swindon - 01793 680 844
  • Salisbury - 01722 617 617