The Management of Easton Bevins Limited is well aware of its obligations under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and related legislation and is fully committed to meeting those obligations. The successful management of health and safety is a key management objective. In order to discharge its responsibilities the management will :-
- Operate its business in compliance with the Company’s Health and Safety Management System [Policies and Procedures] or United Kingdom Law, whichever is the more stringent.
- Provide an organisational structure that clearly defines the responsibilities for health and safety, and for ensuring that the systems and procedures relating to this policy statement are rigorously applied.
- Ensure that all persons employed have reasonable experience and/or the training necessary, to achieve the level of competence required to ensure their own health and safety and that of other employees who may be affected by their work activities.
- Systematically identify all hazards and their associated risks, and take such steps as are required to reduce risks to an acceptable level.
- Provide and maintain a working environment that is safe and without health risks, including adequate arrangements for the welfare of employees while at work.
- Protect others who may be affected by Easton Bevins Limited work activities e.g. visitors, contractors, clients and members of the public.
- Bring this Policy Statement to the attention of all employees and seek their co-operation in supporting Easton Bevins Limited management in its efforts to achieve and maintain a healthy and accident free work place.
- Staff neglecting safety issues will be regarded as breaching their contract and will face disciplinary action or, in the case of serious breach of safety rules which could/does result in their own or others injury, face dismissal.