Local Water Authority applications

Local Water

The ‘Water Industries (Scheme) for Adoption of Private Sewers (Regulations 2011)’ came into force 1st October 2011. The ownership of all private drains, lateral drains and sewers has now been transferred to the relevant water/sewage company (with the exception of a drain that serves one house or buildin located within its own curtilage (garden), which will remain private). As a result, an owner, builder/developer must obtain consent from the relevant water/sewage company for building over or near to or connecting into an adopted drain. We can prepare the necessary drawings, plans, details, and specifications to accompany the application to obtain consent for the proposed works. 

Interested To Find Out More?

Use any of the below contact details to speak with a member of our team in your local area.

  • Bristol - 0117 942 7876
  • Bradley Stoke - 0117 942 7876
  • Cheltenham - 01242 573 908
  • Newbury - 01635 813 318
  • Swindon - 01793 680 844
  • Salisbury - 01722 617 617